Visitors to the university are welcome to use our Guest wi-fi network. There are two ways to connect: by self registering or by using a sponsor.
Visitors to the university can sign up to use our Guest Wi-Fi network by registering an email address, similar to other public places such as coffee shops and airports. The self-registering method gives visitors 24 hours of access before having to re-register.
2. A browser window should automatically open on the registration form. Select Self Register:
3. Type in a valid email address:
4. The device will be given temporary internet access for 10 minutes.
Visitors attending the university for educational or research purposes also have the option of asking a member of Cardiff Met staff to sponsor their access. The staff member chosen as the sponsor will be emailed a link to verify the visitor. Visitors registering in this way will be given access for 1 week before having to re-register.
1. Connect the device to theGuest network.
2. A browser window should automatically open on the registration form. Select Sponsored WIFI Access:
3. Type your email address and the email address of the staff member in the relevant spaces.
Please contact the IT Helpdesk on 029 2041 7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance with this.